Saturday 15 September 2012

London Olympics 2012 ix

It was the last day of the Olympics and a beautiful warm day. After our big day at the Olympic Park Jackie and Theo decided to stay at home and take it easy. I was up for one more day of excitement watching the men's marathon.

I took the same route as we used to get to the women's marathon and headed straight to our secret viewing spot on top of the Walkabout pub. It wasn't so secret any more. It was quite busy but I was still able to get a pretty good view as the men ran past.

As I was on my own and a bit more mobile without a pram I decided to move around  bit to get closer to the action. The atmosphere was great again, the weather helped and I think there were a lot of people that were out to celebrate one of the last events of the Games.

Watching the runners certainly made me want to do another marathon, I've missed the ballot for the 2013 London marathon so might have to try and find another one to do.

View from on top of Temple Walkabout

Different spot, looking over the river, this is a big hoarding placed over a building, I think this was placed for the Jubilee. 

Cameras at the ready

Looking back at my original viewing spot above the Walkabout bar
The leader

A panorama shot on the way home, overlooking the Thames

1 comment:

  1. What did you take the panorama shot on - camera or phone - its great!

    ReplyDelete