Monday 29 November 2010

Christmas Cake

For the past few months Simon and I have been discussing our plans for Christmas, predominantly where to go and what to eat. I was particularly keen to bake a Christmas cake this year.

However, last month I went and had an allergy and intolerance test and was told that I am intolerant to wheat and dairy, which makes baking (and more importantly eating) cakes pretty difficult.

Not to be deterred, I hunted down a wheat and dairy free Christmas cake recipe and have already baked, and eaten my first attempt. Photos included below...


.
Feedback so far has been very positive and the cake was all eaten within days of being baked.

Needless to say I have started baking cake number two today and am planning on at least two more being required before Christmas day. I'm going to do a little bit of experimenting with the next versions and hope they'll look and taste just as good as the first attempt!

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad looking cake Jackie, keep up the good work.... It must be hard finding things that you can eat, I will just have to eat all the other types of cakes for you! ha ha

    Good idea starting a blog, tell Simon we said hi!! :)

    Can't believe it is snowing there, it is sooooo hot, humid & dry here... you really are a million miles away...

    Lots of love & hugs to you
    From Melissa, Simon, Blake & Amber xxxooo

    ReplyDelete