Sunday 12 December 2010

Glass and Ceramics

Over the past couple of years I have taken to collecting glass and ceramics, mainly from charity shops around the place. I'm not quite sure where it first started, although I think it was a trip to York at the beginning of this year when things really took off. Anyway, I've now got quite a good little collection of ceramics and depression glass.

Today when we were in Brighton at a flea market I found another green depression glass bowl to add to my growing collection, down to £4 from £8 I could hardly refuse.


Simon has given me the hard word about only buying stuff I really want and to think about where I'm going to display it all, as we don't have a huge amount of space, so far I've managed to ignore this advice, I figure once I've got too much stuff we'll just have to get a bigger place!

I'm taking it reasonably seriously and am keeping a log book of all the things I buy, how much they cost and where I got them from. I've also been quite selective in what I've bought.

Over the coming months I'll try and post more photos of my collection.

2 comments:

  1. They have really good large places to display depression glass in NZ. You should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack
    So you like depression glass too. If I could figure out how to post photos i could share some of my collection also.
    Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete