Saturday 18 December 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

You've probably seen it on the news where ever you are, we've had big dump of snow in the past couple of days which has really heightened the Christmas vibe.

Hopefully the snow lasts till Christmas day, although I also hope they manage to clear the roads so we can get to Cardiff. 

Below is a photo of the snow this morning from our window

Because of the snow yesterday we finished at work at lunch time to make sure everyone could get home without too much disruption. With my few extra hours I went and signed up at the local gym.

I've never joined a gym before so this was all a bit new for me. The guy showed me around the gym, I just wanted to make sure they had decent treadmills and enough of them that I'll be able to get on one when I wanted. I signed away my life and managed to get the full monty membership at a discount because I live in Du Cane Court.  

So this morning I got suited up and headed to the gym, I felt like a fish out of water. First of all when you go into the gym they tell you a number, today it was ten ten. I have no idea what this number is for and am a bit unsure about asking. I didn't really know where I was going, I followed the signs to the changing rooms and eventually found them. After getting changed I went to put my gear in the locker, I'd bought a padlock like I was told but everyone else had the same, combination style, padlock. My padlock was too small for the locker so didn't work which meant I had to leave my gear in an unlocked locker. 

Got to the treadmill, lots of buttons, I just pushed the green one which got me going. Did 6k. Got off the treadmill and almost fell over in front of all the girls on the cross trainer machines because my legs were all wobbly from having been on the treadmill. I managed to get back to my locker, my gear was still there, got changed and headed off to find another heavy snow flurry. So that was my first gym experience, still a bit unsure about it but there is no way I'm running in the snow and if I want to have some sort of fitness for the Paris marathon in April I need to be doing something so I'll do the gym for a month at least. 

Jackie and I are heading out for dinner tonight at a friend's new house which would normally be 20 minutes walk away, should be an interesting walk this evening in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment