Tuesday 9 September 2014

Father's day 2014

Not sure about the apostrophe, sure someone will correct me.

I was lucky to be treated to a special father's day this year.

I was woken up by Theo wishing me happy father's day and giving me cards and gifts.

I was allowed to go for a jog which I haven't had time to do for a while.

Then home to a delicious home made breakfast.



We then packed up the car and headed off to Pukemiro Junction. Jackie had sussed out a day at Pukemiro junction which is an old train station, they have restored steam and diesel engines, a quaint old station and some picnic areas.



The train runs once an hour and just runs along about 5km of line. It's pretty old and rickety and so takes a while.

The train tickets are valid all day.



The first time we went on the train Theo was quite scared. He sat quietly and held Jackie and my hand. He sat up to the window a couple of times but mainly just sat on his seat and held our hands, it was quite cute.

After our first ride we went and had a picnic which Jackie had prepared the day before. Theo and I also had a sausage in bread from the sausage sizzle.

After lunch Theo and I went for another ride on the train. Theo was much more comfortable this time, chatting away to other passengers, leaning up on the window and moving from one carriage to another.




As well as the train they had a 'jigger', we didn't go for  ride.


On the drive home Theo crashed out





1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely weather too. We went to the "100m journey" at the movies and then out to Bollywood. Did it remind Theo of the Tube?

    ReplyDelete